Friday 9 July 2010

Treasury

My hands smell of fresh mint .. I have been loading the jug full of the botanicals before I pour in the Pimms .. mmm!

We have had rotten summers in England since 2006, so this warm, still weather is such a treat. Hang on though, Sara, this is England we are talking about! There will be horrible humidity followed by a thunderstorm before too long, you mark my words! Bah humbug! Until then .. I for one will enjoy!

Sitting in the garden, under the gazebo .. bliss! I have snuck out my laptop and done the Treasury Tracks thing ... Mindful Beader, thank you again! I love looking at Treasuries, don't you? And, this might be silly, but the fact that someone would pick something of mine makes me feel very special - there are so many fabulous items to choose from.

The barbecue is lit - we brought a traditional Cypriot one back with us and it's so good. especially for souvlaki and souvla (which the butchers over her have a problem with "You want me to do what to this leg of lamb?")!

One of my brothers had a significant birthday recently and is having a big party next week - tonight another brother, Guy, is coming over to us and we are going to go through all the old family photos to decide what to include in a special album for Greg. I know that after a few glasses of Pimms we will probably find some really inappropriate ones .. that's the plan, anyway!

We strung tiny lights onto the roof struts of the gazebo and have hung lanterns at suitable intervals ... looking forward to it going dark .. ambience they call it! The citronella in those tea lights had better work or I will be moaning about mozzie bites in my next blog!

They never bite Rich - but ALWAYS bite me. Lucy and J are sitting out here with us, maybe they'll get to them first. Thinking about it, if I am bitten, I'll be moaning tonight. Don't you hate it when you go bed, turn off the lights and then hear the zzzz, zzz, ZZZZZZZZZZZZz as they look for fresh meat? Your arms are flailing in the vain hope of hitting one of them - I say vain hope because I usually find the huge red lump in the morning when I wake up .. (not referring to my long suffering significant other here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment