Friday 23 July 2010

I'll never fall in love again!


Did you ever make something to sell that you are so utterly smitten with?


My Olive fell into this category - The muse sat on my shoulder as I looked at the tubes of beads in the bead shop .. I loved these beads before I even started her, they seeded the idea (so to speak) and as she developed I was just so chuffed with her .. she was just so right.


The embellishment beads were perfect too, and I even gave her a couple of tiny red glass hearts , so enamoured was I.


As Olive was destined for Etsy, I took loads of photographs, trying to get the best out of her, trying to coax her to reveal her hidden depths and was rewarded with a few smiles, flashes of jewel like sparkle.


She was a natural beauty and very photogenic; I cropped and scaled the images to show her at her best, and I listed her on Etsy with flowing rhetoric - reassuring myself every day that she was indeed so gorgeous and so deserving of my adoration.


If ever I doubted it, I only had to take her out of the box in which she safely nestled and run her through my fingers or indeed shake her a little in order to wake up all the floral amazements about her person.


Many people viewed her, some even loved her .. but not as much as I did.


Yesterday I betrayed her .. she is sold .. to a lovely lady in USA (a lady of some taste I might add since she bought 6 of my bracelets)


And now I am bereft! I am wretched! Olive is no more .. she is but a memory and I vow that I'll never fall in love with one of my creations again ... until the next time!


** Sighs **


** Thinks **


I'm sure that I didn't use ALL the beads .... now, where did I put the rest? ...

No comments:

Post a Comment